Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pantheon and first day of classes

The Pantheon was the big visit today! I had no idea it is actually a crypt and home to the French Senate (or old boys club, as our guide said). I will have pictures up a little later of an amazing fountain and tombs of some very famous people.

Tonight I am celebrating my 21st!!! I just realized I will be 21 seven hours earlier here, than if I was home. Cool! My host mom said she would make anything for dinner that I could possibly think of. She is a great French cook and I told her I am the least picky eater she will ever meet and I would love to try her favorite traditional French dinner. As soon as I said that, she told me she already knew what she was going to fix.

We had the first class with our teachers today. I am in level Intermediere 1. It is a FANTASTIC class with 16 students: 4 Americans, 2 Pakistani, 1 Polish, 1 Slovakian, 1 Hong Kong, 3 Japanese and 4 nationalities I can't remember! Madame Catherine is tres gentille and speaks beautiful French. 

I'll have birthday pictures tomorrow and look for pictures of Normandy beach on Monday!

Love you all. 


smileygirl0217 said...

Bon Anniversaire Emily!
It sounds like your trip is amazing so far! This blog is awesome...I am getting to live vicariously through you! :D I hope your classes go well!

Emily said...

Thank you so much! Everything has been absolutment parfait! I enjoy keeping the blog for everyone to follow the travels and stay in touch! Thanks for looking! I will have more pictures soon.